Wednesday, August 16, 2006

24 Hour Fitness is my domestic abuser.

I loved being there, and it felt great... but now it hurts, and yet I still keep coming back for more. oh you evil evil organization. don't get me wrong -- it felt great to be back in the gym after an over two-month hiatus. but the one mistake I made was trying to get right back into good ol' HIIT just as I was before I left for Europe... baaaad idea. I guess I took for granted before how much HIIT cardio / spinning were really affecting my endurance and maximum intensity. I was only on the elliptical for 40 minutes and I started to feel dizzy towards the end. no bueno. before I left I could go for 60 minutes HIIT and no problem. ugh. back to square one I suppose.

I woke up a lot later today than I wanted. it's not like I actually have anything to do today, but I wanted to get an early start on the gym so I could work on some more job searching and perhaps start some of my Europe scrapbook. oh well. but I did make it to the gym... yay! 40 minutes total elliptical, the machine *says* I burned around 430 cals. not bad. I'm so used to the 500-600 range though. again, need to work back up there. before I went to the gym I had some Honey Bunches of Oats with 2% milk... jeez I love that stuff. it says it's a good source of whole grains but I am just hoping it is not an overload of crap sugar. when I returned from the gym I had two small slices of Mom's meat loaf (yay protein!), about 1/2 cup of white rice and a big ol' bowl of romaine hearts with 2 tbsps of my lovely lovely honey mustard dressing. I think I can go less on the dressing next time though.

I have been drinking water all day and I have to say that it feels pretty good :) -- also for the first time in a WHILE I did not smoke after the gym. not a bad start. I took advantage of going to the MV 24 Hr by also stopping by the Ranch Market to buy more veggies. I also read somewhere that drinking 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar diluted in 8 oz of water right before bed would be good to try. hmm, it can't hurt. I also invested in some cheap whole wheat pitas. mmm. I am debating whether or not I can wait until Christmas to buy Alvin his food processor...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eeek the vinegar thing is totally an old wives tale! It is 95% water and wont do anything to change metabolism/digestion. Good for salads though :)

You are awesome for being so gym-dedicated :) Yay!

4:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I seriously give you tabs girlie!! You need to drag me into this shannanogan! Gym next week!!!

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home